Thursday 19 May 2016

Hello Kitty fondant topper cupcakes (Hello Kitty 小蛋糕)

I can't remember how long I did not receive cupcake or cake order since I go back to work part time for over a year and a half now. I don't have time for making details fondant cake or fondant toppers like before, and I told my friend that I "retired" and will not take any cake orders now (I was asked a few times over the last year). I am so glad that my friend came back to me to re-order the cakes or cupcakes over the last year. 

This cupcake order is an exceptional case. This friend of mine is very desperate in finding a good bakery in Richmond. And seems like she cannot find any and the big day is approaching. She PM me and asked if I still take cupcake order. At the very beginning I turned down her request. But after knowing a bit more of what she needs, she only needs 20 mini vanilla cupcakes with 12 Hello Kitty toppers for her daughter's daycare birthday celebration. Since I got this Hello Kitty cutter at home, (it looks like I can handle it with my current schedule) and it is not a really time consuming and it is not a big project like before. At last, I am so excited that I offer help to make cupcakes for her. 

When I sit at the table and start working on the toppers, I feel so excited that I can tell I am really enjoy doing all these fondant art. 

Happy 2nd Birthday Charis!















Fondant Recipe:

For Fondant Recipe, please refer to my earlier Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) Recipe  post

Basic Vanilla Recipe: 

Ingredients

Cupcakes: (36 mini size or 24 original size cupcakes)
150g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar (Adjust to your taste)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 1/2 cups self-raising four
1 1/4 cups milk

Buttercream Icing:
100g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
2-3 drops vanilla essence
1-2 Tbsp milk

Method

Cupcakes: 
Preheat oven to 350°F or 170°C. 
Beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth, add Caster Sugar and beat until light and fluffy. 
Add eggs and mix well. Add the sifted flour, milk and vanilla, beat until smooth. 
Place paper baking cases in a cupcake tin, spoon in mixture until they are about 2/3 full (don't overfill or they will form peaks). This recipe makes 24 cupcakes or 36 mini size cupcakes so you
might need to do this in two batches. 
Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden or until they spring back when lightly pressed. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool while you prepare the icing.

Buttercream Icing
Beat the butter until it is pale and fluffy. Sift in the Icing Sugar, add the vanilla essence and milk until you have a light, fluffy mixture. Add extra milk if you need a softer consistency. Spread or pipe icing over cupcakes and top with decorations as desired.

Recipe from: Chelsea Sugar Website

No comments:

Post a Comment