Monday 19 May 2014

Tofu Cheesecake with Pistachios and Matcha 抹茶開心果豆腐芝士蛋糕



Tofu cheesecake was one of the earliest cakes that I made in the past. I made Black sesame tofu layered cheesecake and Matcha tofu layered cheesecake before (Year 2011). I decided to make this tofu dessert again. My husband hates cheesecake. But this time I insisted of making this cake. I told him this is different. The taste of tofu is stronger than cheese. And the texture is extremely soft like a mousse cake.

After I cut the cake. He tried the leftover cheesecake pieces after all the cutting and trimming. And →→ haha, he cannot stop!

Ingredients :

Tofu Cheesecake Filling
  • 360g silken tofu
  • 200g cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 70g sugar
  • 240g whipping cream
  • 16g gelatin powder
  • 96ml soy milk
Biscuit Base
  • 200g digestive biscuits
  • 80g melted unsalted butter
Matcha Pistachio Topping
  • matcha powder
  • crushed salted pistachios

Directions:
  1. Line a removable base baking pan (8" square size) with baking paper and spray with non-stick cooking oil.
  2. Crush the digestive biscuits into fine crumbs and combine with melted butter(pic 1).
  3. Press tightly into cake pan with the back of a spoon. Leave baking pan in the freezer until required later(pic 2).
  4. Dissolve and stir gelatin powder in soy milk. Microwave 30 sec until gelain dissolved. Set aside for use later.
  5. Place tofu on sieve and drain out all excess water(pic 3).
  6. Add tofu, cream cheese and sugar into an electric mixer, and mix until well combined(pic 4). If you still see lumps, you can try to mix it over hot water (not touching the water) until cream cheese and sugar melt and become smooth. Let it cool. Whisk whipping cream into soft peak form. Mix cheesecake filling ingredients and whipped cream together(pic 5). Add the dissolved gelatin at the end, stirring thoroughly.
  7. Remove baking pan from the freezer. Pour your tofu cheesecake mixture into the pan(pic 6).
  8. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until firm to the touch, when it doesn't wobble too much when you shake the pan.
  9. Sprinkle the top generously with matcha powder and pistachios. 

2 comments:

  1. Like very similar to Shiberty's (aka me) recipe hor??? Hor?? Ya, I think so. :D Cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiberty, I guess all Tofu cheesecake recipes have similar ingredients. I did this Tofu cheesecake in year 2011 that posted on my earlier blog post ( http://winniemsfong.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-post.html ). I just double the amount of the recipe that I used in year 2011 to make bigger portions. Your blog is amazing! Nice photo shoot. That is what I always lack of time to do that. Usually after I made the cake and they were quickly consumed by my friends. No time to take further photos of the cake.

      Delete